Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I watercolored!! and another Sketch Challenge

Happy April Fool's Day! As an april fool prank, my 6yo daughter is going to tell her daddy that we are having steak for dinner. We are having baked fish. He will certainly be fooled!

I watercolored and did a decent job of it considering this is only my 2nd time! (This one looks much better than the first one.) I used a Stampin Up marker and an aquapainter. It's going to take some practice to control the aquapainter and stay inside the lines, but I am anxious to learn how to do it well and how to properly shade, etc. The sketch design is from Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #41. I decided to pull out Crab & Company so I could practice watercoloring. I would have made the crab actually holding the sign with his claws, but I am horrible with a craft knife. Everytime I have tried to cut the claws I have ruined my stamped image. So I just popped the sign up with Stampin Dimensionals and called it done.

It's a simple card, but most of mine are.

I used supplies by Stampin Up! of course: Cardstock in soft sky, pumpkin pie, tempting turquoise, close to cocoa, watercolor paper and whisper white. Ink: Black Stazon, chocolate chip. DSP is Bali Breeze and Summer Picnic. Tempting Turquoise and pumpkin pie ribbon. Tempting turquoise marker and aquapainters. Brads and Stampin' dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!