Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Shabby Chic


I've mentioned before that I think the Shabby Chic look is ok--I don't love it and I don't dislike it. For some reason, that look is very appealing to me right now. This card was inspired by Michelle Wooderson's quilt card.
I didn't have many buttons that matched and I had no twine to tie inside the buttons--I made do with what I had on hand. I went to purchase the Quilter's Sampler stamp set this afternoon from Papertrey Ink and guess what?? It's sold out! Argh! The more I think about this set the more I want it. My mother, one of my sisters and my granny (in-law) would love things made with this set. My goal is to make more gifts this year. Oh well, patience is a virtue, good things come to those who wait, etc...


I used SU's Very vanilla and Creamy Caramel cardstock, Chocolate Chip ink. Stamp set is SU's Love Matters (retired). The ribbon and the buttons came from a blog tart I won from Jen Del Muro. The patterned paper is Daisy D's.

1 comment:

  1. I want the Quilters Sampler too, but I am waiting until the SU catalog comes out. I am sure they won't have anything like it, but I am trying to be loyal! LOL! This is very cute, I love this DP. Michelle's cards were adorable, I can see why you would want to use them as inspiration!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!