Sunday, January 4, 2009

My first post in the new year

Greetings and Salutations! Anyone have a flashback to the 80's with that greeting? Christian Slater said that in the awesome movie Heathers. If you haven't seen this movie, go rent it now. Ok, let's move along to another non-important matter. Here is the only other espresso drink I can make with my new machine. My version of Starbucks Cafe Mocha. Adjust the amount of espresso and milk to your individual taste. It's like hot cocoa with a kick.

Here's what you need:

2 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder

2 tbsps sugar

1 cup hot milk

approx. 3/4 cup brewed espresso

Whipped cream

In your large mug, stir cocoa and sugar together and add enough hot milk to make a thick syrup. Add the rest of the hot milk and stir. Add the espresso (no need to stir). Top with sweetened whipped cream. Go jogging afterward.
Ok, I made a goal to scrapbook at least one layout per week in 2009. So, I made a layout and here it is. It looks better in person. I can't get a good picture of it. I always have trouble scrapping school pictures because I'm not a scrapbooker who puts one or two pictures on a page and lots of embellishments--not that there's anything wrong with that.... I like several pictures and I like flat layouts. I don't do lumps, so that means I do very simple pages. This layout is a modification of a pagemap by Becky Fleck. Check out some free Becky Fleck pagemaps here.


Thanks for dropping by. I got a Bind-it-all for Christmas and I plan to figure out how to use it very soon. Hopefully in the next week because the kids are back in school starting Tuesday. I'm looking forward to getting back on a schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful job!
    Have fun with the bind it all!
    You will love it. I have been binding everything in sight!
    YES- I do remember that movie- thanks for the flash back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!