Friday, May 15, 2009

Altered box

Happy Friday! I have a project to show you today that uses one of the many empty Papertrey Ink boxes I have stashed in my office. I've used these boxes before to house notecards, etc. but decided I wanted to do something different on the top instead of wrapping a band of cardstock around it. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...) I made a cap for the top that slides right off when the ribbon is untied. I printed a Digiment on Vellum and overlayed it across the stamped image. I kept this box super simple and the candy hides the adhesive on the back of the label.

To make the cap, you need a piece of cardstock 5.5 x 8.25. Score the long end at 1" on both ends and score the short side at 2" and 3". Here's a quick visual on how to score. You will have to cut at the 2 and 3 score lines up to the 1" score line on the 8 1/4 length ends in order to put it together. Does that make sense? I'm no Lauren Meader *sigh* I should have made the score lines look different but I don't know how yet. I'm teaching myself how to do this stuff.
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Thanks for the template too :o) I hoard all the boxes but have yet to do anything creative with them. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to give a little chocolate, and a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. I love how you printed the sentiment on vellum. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - and great way to re-use...I have never saved those boxes...think I will this week though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 16, 2009

    That's adorable... and SO clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awsome, and you did a great job with the template! I love how you printed the digiment on vellum and overlayed the image! So clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. owww, this is so pretty, awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute-great job altering the box!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!