Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Papertrey valentine cards

Last year, I bought PTI's My Punny Valentine set and have barely used it.  I used it to decorate my Favor Box (no, I haven't changed the name yet) and decided to make a card similar to it.  Instead of stamping the body and cutting it out, I used a small circle scallop nestabilitie and topped it with liquid applique.  I also added some glitter strips to the pattern paper just to give it bling.  I'm really into glitter right now.  Pattern paper is from My Mind's Eye.


While I had the set out, I thought I'd see how some 3x3 one layer valentines would look and made 3 versions.  I added some glitter on the side, 'cause like I said I am really into glitter right now.  These would be cute for lunchbox/back pack notes or a little something for the man in your life.  Just a small note every now and then to make someone you love happy.  I occasionally stick a small card in my husband's car so he sees it when he heads off to work. 


I'm outta here for now but I'll be back with posts tomorrow and Friday!  Thanks and have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. This sheep card is absolutely STUNNING!! Every little detail is so PERFECT!! LOVE it! Your little gift cards and so cute too! Great work hun!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sheep card is AMAZING! I love everything about it. I just bought some PTI paper and stamps and I am in love. Really gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leigh Ann...These cards are just totally amazing...Your talent just has no bounds...YOU ROCK!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are so stinkin' cute. I love the liquid applique on the sheep. I really need to ink that set up this weekend; thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are so precious!! I have that set, too, and haven't used it much, but I will now!!! Thanks for the inspiration. Hope to see you next Tuesday night!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh... these are just adorable!!! I esp. love the squirrel! SO cute! What a great idea to sneak a card into your husband's car! I will need to do that! Have I told you that I love how your blog looks? It's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little note cards are adorable and I LOVE your first card! What a wonderful layout and the sparkle looks fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie these are wonderful!! Your sheep card is great, love the liquid applique. Thos 3x3 cards are just darling and they are perfect for little lunch notes. I have this set and have not used it in a while but you have made me want to go grab it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The glitter on the sides of these are such a nice shimmery touch. I love the 3x3 size and that they are one layer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the box! The cards are very cute too. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards!! I too love the sheep card with all the poofy-ness and the way you tied the ribbon on the sentiment ROCKS!! I love the simplicity of the other notecards too. I'll have to keep that in mind when I have 40 cards to make for the Z man's girlfriends! Someday...that is, if I ever let him have a girlfriend! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhh, I love punny cards! and I love punny valentine glitter cards even more!!!

    great job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!