Saturday, February 6, 2010

PTI Entry (that didn't get done in time! grrr!)

I had a horrible time trying to come up with something decent for yesterday's PTI Emboss Resist challenge.  I started this card last night and had to put it away and go watch a movie because the creative juices were NOT flowing.  I just kept adding things to it to make it look a bit more interesting and finally added the picket fence this morning.  I cut it with my cricut and since it didn't cut all that smooth, we'll just say that the fence is in need of repair, so it's...rustic. LOL



I stamped the curved stone path with versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder then I used some colorbox fluid chalk and rubbed it all over the bottom portion for grass.  I used my scor-pal to score some lines on the kraft panel and rubbed some PTI fresh snow ink on it give it a weathered look.  The polka dot door adds a bit of whimsy.  Stamp set is Home Made from Papertrey Ink.

Thanks for stopping by and I plan on doing some blog hopping this weekend so I can see what my crafting buddies have been making.  First, I have to go shopping (poor me!) and get ready for the Girl Scout Father-Daughter dance tonight.  My oldest daughter's troop was in charge of decorating this year and I am helping with the picture booth.

Have a wonderful day!

16 comments:

  1. This is so awesome and creative, girl! I'm sorry you didn't get it done in time! Have fun shopping and have a wonderful weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really a shame cause this is the most fantastic card you have ever made.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW!!sorry you didn't make it on time..but this is a sure shot winner...fabulous creation. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it just so frustrating when your creativity doesn't flow when you need it the most? Your card is wonderful. I LOVE the picket fence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - picket fence and all! I know how it is, I almost gave up last night too :>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm sorry it didn't get done in time. But it's super cool, still! I love your little walkway, and I actually really like the fence like that. Nice and rustic :) I have yet to use this set for a card. Love that you've made a card with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card! I love all the dimension you've added to it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this turned out fabulous!!! too stinkin bad it did not get done in time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. all picket fences are in need of repair....I think your card is just perfect the way it is!!! I'm gonna have to case this one 'cause it's just so absolutely CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From here your picket fence looks great. I also love that pink door!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute Card! Love the door and paneling on the home. Your fence looks just fine in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! I think its incredible! i dont have a cricut and am always amazed at what you can do with it!
    glad you shared it (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! Love the pebbled path and the polka dotted door. How fabulous would it be to have a polka dotted door on a house IRL, might get some funny looks though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is an awesome card!!! I love everything about it. Sorry you didn't have enough time!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness!!! I FINALLY found you!! ;) Let me tell ya, I've had the hardest time! When you have left comments on my blog I would click on your name but it would always say that your blog was not made public or something like that! Ugh! But Yaaa! Now I know where you are!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!