Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October City Chick challenge

The Scrappin' in the City design team challenge for October is to use a stencil.  After knowing about this challenge all month, I finally pull something together at the last minute-- October is almost over! 
 

I adore the stencil I chose, it's the mini Chunky Chevron stencil from Balzar Designs (The Crafter's Workshop). I inked, airbrushed and sprayed many, many times before finally ending up with this design--I would photograph the reject pile but it's too embarrassing. 
 
After misting the stencil with Mister Huey's color mists, I decided to flip the stencil over and rub the wet ink that was left on top of the stencil onto a sheet of pattern paper and liked the subtle distressed look I ended up with.
 
If you are a local or will be traveling near the Knoxville area, stop in at Scrappin' in the City and check out all the goodies!
 
Limited Supply List:
 
Pattern Paper:  DIY Shop (Crate Paper),  Amy Tangerine: Ready, Set, Go ( American Crafts), Adrienne Looman: Family Traditions (Webster's Pages)
 
Ink:  Mister Huey's Color Mists (Studio Calico), Dark Chocolate dye ink (Papertrey Ink)
 
Dies:  Puffy Star Dies (Lawn Fawn)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!