Friday, May 23, 2008

Bragging time!

Yesterday was the last day of school and I was surprised to find some awards in my daughter's folder. Apparently she received 3 awards a couple of days ago and didn't think it was important enough to tell me about! She received an Art award and Excellence in Creative Writing! She also received a silver star award for jump roping.


She wrote a cute story that her teacher was crazy about and it came home with her stuff. It's called Flamingo and Giraffe run a race! Here's the cover shot.
Here's the story-- how she wrote it (I fixed the spelling though). It was spread out over 4 pages with illustrations:
Once upon a time. There was a giraffe and a flamingo. They were not friends but one day they were in a race. Flamingo said, "I will win!" Then giraffe said, "No, I will win!"
"Ready, set, go!"
They ran and ran. Until they both won! They gave giraffe the trophy. Flamingo cried. Giraffe gave him the trophy. "You deserve it" He said. You are my best friend forever. And they lived happily ever after. The End.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!