Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another food post...


I'm a salsa freak. I could probably eat it everyday. One thing I don't like in my salsa is...big, nasty chunks. I like a somewhat smooth salsa like you get at Chili's. Once I figured out how to make salsa at home similar to Chili's...well, I went crazy with it.

Here's what you need to make it:

I don't measure, so...

Dump the tomatoes into your food processor.

Add a squirt of lime juice

Add 5-7 jalapeno slices

10+ shakes of the Cumin

Onion Powder (a little more than Cumin)

Process until as smooth as you want it.

Start low with the jalapeno slices--the heat sneaks up on you. Add more onion powder and Cumin to taste. This is something that I made 2 or 3 times before I had it like I like it. If you don't have a food processor, well, then I don't know what to tell you. Sorry. You could also use fresh onion if you want some chunk. I've never tried it because I don't buy onions. (Hubby won't eat them.) The tomatoes are the biggest part of this salsa. The only generic can tomato I will buy is Market Pantry from Target. Otherwise, I buy Hunt's brand.

I hope I've inspired you to make some salsa at home. Tomorrow is hubby's birthday dinner. I'm making fresh pasta. I haven't made it in forever, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!