Friday, July 11, 2008

Hmmm, should I re-name the blog Cooking with Annie B?

My husband turned 35 today--I told him if he lived to be 70 he was now technically middle aged-- and I made him a special dinner. His favorite meal is homemade pasta, so I dusted off the pasta machine and went to work. I had my oldest daughter help me and used the opportunity to teach her about making pasta. She loved it of course. Pasta is not hard to make at all. It's just flour, eggs and olive oil. It also cooks in 2-3 minutes and the texture melts in your mouth. It's very different from store bought dried pasta, which is why my husband loves it.



The pasta dish I made consists of whipping cream, egg substitute, butter, bacon, fresh grated parmesan cheese and shrimp sauteed in butter and garlic and sprinkled with a little italian seasoning. (Yes, I may have a heart attack later.) Let's not forget the bread with butter.

Next I made his favorite chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. This cake is dense and very chocolate-y and very easy to make.

I was so stuffed from dinner that I couldn't even eat all my cake. Poor me.

While I don't mind doing this for the love of my life, the father of my children, I will say that I'm glad his birthday only comes once a year! I'm not just tired, I'm #!#&^@! tired. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my! That meal looks absolutely DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 18, 2008

    OH Annie you make me salivate with your gorgeous pictures...it just ain't right! I could find no place to email you so I have to leave you a comment here! You are very talented, and again I so wish I was your neighbor for the scraps! Thanks for having my link on your blog by the way, I am humbled! Have a great weekend ~Donna ...."Butternutsage"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!