Thursday, October 30, 2008

Recipe Box

I tried really hard to CASE Nichole Heady's recipe box but mine didn't turn out as well as hers. Mine's cute, but my bows need work. I may rip them off at a later date and replace them. I tried to mod podge the red cardstock on the bottom and the red bled into the mod podge and ruined the panel. I ripped that panel off and started over. It was a nasty mess but I managed to hide it. Next time, and there will be a next time, I think I will use dsp on the bottom half of the box and use dsp that has a white base and not cream like the dsp I used on the top. I did mod podge the top of the box and that turned out great. I love this little box. The little recipe cards are adorable too. You have to write small, but it's not a problem. I'm going to use this box to house those loose recipes I seem to collect. My plan is to write one up here and there so I don't get irritated and quit. I still need to make the dividers and will do that soon.

Products from Papertrey Ink: Egg box, dsp, Recipe box and Recipe box label stamp set, Pure Poppy cardstock. SU: chocolate ribbon, real red ink.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be silly! Your recipe box is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!