Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Natalie!

Today is my baby's 5th birthday! I can hardly believe it's been 5 years since I brought her home from the hospital. She was such an easy baby. I called her a soap opera baby because I would lay her down in her crib awake and she'd quietly go to sleep on her own. She was jaundiced and had to receive treatment at home and was content to sleep in that light suitcase and taken out to be fed and changed. I bought a pacifier in case she went nuts but she didn't and she didn't take to the pacifier anyway. She would not take a bottle either and believe me, there were times I wished my husband could have fed her--like when I had mastitis (ouch!). She's a fairly easy kid to manage unless she's away from home. Apparently she's a terror at nursery school.


Thanks for listening to me gush about my kid. I'm off to the grocery store to purchase the items needed to make a pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, crockpot broccoli casserole and a molded cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving. Sheesh. Wish me luck as my kitchen may never be the same.
Add Image

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Natalie!
    Great cake Annie!

    Oh the joys of birthing, feeding, and raising our kids! I too had mastitis, within the first week, and it was no fun!

    She's adorable. I guess she'll start kindergarten next year? Madison will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made that cake?
    Okay- you need to do that for a profession!
    Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl!
    PS- I TOTALLY get what you are thinking/saying about the movie.
    We must think TOTALLY the same!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!