Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Favorite Five

I've been busy and I missed this last Friday and thought I would post my favorites for this week. This weekly favorites post is the brain child of Eve, so check out her blog.
Not in order of importance, well, except anything my kid does is automatically number one. :)
1. My 7yo daughter drew something cool this week at school. She's so awesome.
2 & 3. Paper from October Afternoon and Twill ribbon from May Arts. I found this at Scrappin' in the City for you East TN gals. I've been slobbering all over it since I got it on Wednesday.
4. Aurora Teagarden Mystery series by Charlaine Harris. I really love this author. She is southern and her books are set in the south and it's funny to me to read about southern things(sayings, churchy things, etc.) in the book because they are so true! In the second book, A Bone to Pick, Aurora is dating the local Episcopalian Minister and she asks him what he does with the youth group and he says, "Try to make them feel okay about not being Baptists and having a big recreation center to go to, mostly. We go in with the Lutherans and the Presbyterians, taking turns to have the young people on Sunday evening..." This struck me as funny because this is what happens where I live. The south in general is Baptist country and in my town, the Episcopalians, Catholics and Methodists go in together so they can scrape up enough kids for Bible School in the summer.
The books aren't funny though, they are murder mysteries but they are not dark like Ms. Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series. I'm on book 5 right now . 5. Last but not least, these neat ribbon keepers I found at Joann. They retail for $9.99 but I bought them at 40 or 50% off--I can't remember. I only have 2 and if you have a gigantic ribbon collection this may not be the storage solution for you. I love ribbon, I really do but I am very choosy when it comes to actually purchasing it. I don't buy it if I don't have paper to go with it--like I wouldn't buy a pair of shoes that I couldn't wear with outfits I already own. Make sense? So, this solution works for me. It has a storage compartment on top that can hold large scraps of ribbon or whatever else. I can see how much ribbon is left on the roll by looking at the back of the keeper. It comes with dividers so you can arrange spool sizes if you want. If the keeper is full I don't really use the dividers but they are handy. It will hold the large (25 yard 1/4" grosgrain) SU ribbon spools, and smaller ribbon spools, which has been my problem when looking for ribbon storage.
I could never find a keeper that held all the different spool sizes I had.
Ok, that's all my favorites this week. I'd love to hear what your favorites are...

1 comment:

  1. Wow!
    First of all- if your daughter is not in art classes- sign her up!
    She is amazingly talented.
    WOW!
    May Arts is my most favorite ribbon ever!
    Love the look of it- and the feel.
    The ribbon storage you got it awesome too!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!