Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tea Tag and some rubber chopping

Ok, this isn't much, but I liked it. My daughter's teacher drinks tea instead of coffee so I picked her up a tea and cookie gift set. I made a little tag to go with it using rectangle scallop nestabilities and Warm Happiness from PTI. I love the Warm Happiness set for several reasons and one of them is the ability to customize the sentiment with coffee, tea or cocoa easily. I don't have to ink the stamp up with markers (which I don't like doing) in order to use different colors and since the stamps are clear I can easily line up my image. I didn't realize how much I liked using clear stamps until I pulled out a wood mounted stamp and had to get out the Stamp-a-ma-jig.

In my previous post, I used the cake image from my SU set Eat Cake. I like that set but it gets tedious trying to make the cake bottom a different color cleanly and I don't want to cut and paste every time... So I cut it into three parts and mounted it on EZ mount and now use it with an acrylic block. It's really easy to line up now too! You need small sharp scissors to trim this stamp because it's close together. Hmm, looks like my acrylic block needs a good cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!