Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Wishblade is finally getting some use...



My friend and SU! upline, Angela, brought this idea to my attention. The idea came from Lauren Meader, check out her blog here. Lauren's sunflower was made using Nestabilites, but I don't have those yet. I decided to dust off my Wishblade and try to make my own version.


The small scallop in the middle is SU's scallop punch. I have that small scallop traced in the Wishblade software and to get the larger scallops I just made it bigger. Now, you may be asking yourself why I would want Nestabilities when I have a Wishblade. Well, you can't emboss on the Wishblade and sometimes it's just easier to use a punch--especially when you have small scraps. My husband bought me the Wishblade in exchange for ironing his clothes (He didn't want to do it anymore).
What I love about the Wishblade, and why I chose it over the Cricut, is there are no cartridges to buy. I can use any font that's already on my computer and cut it in MANY different sizes. People also share files freely and I have a ton of them.
The kids and I are gone most everyday in the summer and that leaves me little energy for stamping and scrapping. That means I won't be posting as much.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh! This is so pretty!! I'm going to have to see if the scallop punches I have will work for this project. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project - its absolutely FAB-U-LOUS! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!