Monday, August 18, 2008

You're invited to my first Sketch Challenge

I'm excited to bring you my first sketch challenge! I hope you'll play along. I'm still learning how to draw sketches, so bear with me while I figure it out. (I'm having some size issues as this sketch is a bit wide) I decided to make a card with this sketch, but you can make a scrapbook page if you choose. The sketch is just a guide, feel free to make it your own and please link your creation in the comment section. I would love to see the different takes on the sketch.


I've enlisted Amy McNulty as a regular contributor and be sure to check out what fabulous creation Amy has made.

Amy's blog: I'm Just Stampin'

Here's my take on the sketch. I had a bit of a struggle with the dsp panel. I wanted something there but I wanted something subtle because the 'enjoy' is bold. I envisioned flowers there but had no stamp sets that would work. I finally remembered I had SAB rub ons and went with that. My husband didn't care for the red flower because he thought it stood out too much. I told him that's why I put it there--I wanted a shock of color.
Here's the second card I made, I really love this layout.


SU: Enjoy Every Moment stamp set, Fall Flowers dsp, river rock, soft sky and old olive cardstock. Chocolate chip classic ink. Old olive ribbon. SAB rub-ons. White cardstock is PTI, flower is CM micro maker punch, silver brads. So Very stamp set, Cutie Pie dsp, rose red, certainly celery, so saffron.

4 comments:

  1. Love the card and the sketch is great - cimple and clean. Can't wait to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards, girl! Pretty and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! The colors are fantastic!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your samples and your sketch looks like great fun. I'm saving it to use next time I have a chance to create especially since you have already moved on to week 2.

    Big SMILES,
    ~ng.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!