Friday, September 5, 2008

Halloween testing UPDATED: added template info


I've been itching to make one of those cute cardstock backpacks I've been seeing all over SCS, but have been too lazy. I decided to test one out and enlisted my 4yo daughter to design it for me. She thought a white backpack with spiders crawling on it would be great. I made a 2-5-7-10 box and rounded the edge of the flap with my CM circle cutting system. I think it's cute, but I will make a better pocket for the front when I make a "real" one. (I'll make a pocket with a flap.)

I also made a mini pillow box--pillow boxes seem to be popular these days too. I put a piece of transparency on the inside to cover the hole. I cut the pillow box with my wishblade. I'm not sure what I'm going to put in them yet, but I've got plenty of time to decide.
I'm working on a template for the mini pillow boxes and I'll be back on Monday with a sweet sketch and hopefully a template for it. Have a great weekend!
UPDATE!!! I'm having difficulty doing a mini pillow box template. It's going to have to be re-drawn in another program, so...it probably won't get done soon. My left wrist and elbow has been hurting the past couple of days so I need to take a rest. I found a cool site that has tons of FREE templates and she has a pillow box. Check out Jersgirl.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!