Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stuff I can't live without...

Well, technically I could live without these things, but they sure make my stamping/scrapping life easier. After reading Wanda Bingaman's blog post about her must haves, I thought I would rip off her blog post and share mine. Check out Wanda's must haves here.

These are not in order of importance...

1. Tonic Studios 12-inch guillotine paper cutter: I bought this about 2 years ago and I don't know how I cut without it! It will cut 2 sheets of SU cardstock at a time.

2. Martha Stewart Bone Folder: This is the smoothest bone folder. I just love it.

3. Wishblade: This may be the smartest purchase I have made. I bought the machine around 3 years ago--I've had it so long I can't remember when I bought it. This machine will cut any font on your computer and was the original reason I bought it. It requires no cartridges to buy and Wishbladers share files freely or you can purchase files online and they aren't very expensive. I have hundreds of files and they were all free. Oh, you can also draw your own design and cut it!

4. Creative Memories Cutting System: I don't use this as much as I used too, but it's still a must have. I have the Ovals and the Circles.

5. Creative Memories 12-inch Decofile Folders and Cropper Hopper 12" hanging file cart: I lump these two together because I use them together. I've had them both for a long time and am very happy with the system. The Decofile Folders organize and store my 12x12 designer paper and cardstock. The back pocket holds full sheets and the front pocket holds scraps. It's perfect for me and since the decofile folders are clear, it's easy to see what's inside.

6. All my SU punches: Even though my Wishblade will cut any shape I want, it's easier to use a punch with stamps.

7. PTI Polka Dot Basics stamp set: This is the only stamp set I am listing as a must have. You will only have to buy this one set and you will have all the polka dots you will need. At $24, it's an excellent deal!

8. Creative Memories Albums: I am a CM lover. I love their strap hinge albums and if you haven't looked at CM's stuff lately...well, you should take another look. They now have true 12x12 albums! I prefer strap-hinge just because I like the way they look, lay flat and feel. Sometimes I scrap directly on the page, but I mainly use background paper. The albums are not cheap, but I can get 60* pages in each album (*30 pages front & back) and they are worth it to me.

9. Photoshop Elements: I love PSE even though I only know how to do a fraction of the things this software can do. I use it to enhance my photos and to digitally scrapbook. If you are interested in digital scrapbooking but don't have the time, patience or inclination to learn PSE, then I suggest Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus software. I don't have it, but I hear it's fairly easy to use and you can purchase digital kits from CM. You do your layout on the computer with your digital photos, upload your page to a developer and then add it to your scrapbook. Easy Peasy and no mess! I don't know if you can use the free digital kits you can find online with CM's software--that may be the only drawback.

10. Cutterpede straight trimmer: I use this for scoring (until I get a scor-pal) and when I need to cut skinny pieces. My tonic trimmer does not do well when you need to measure and cut skinny pieces.

11. Crop-a-dile: I love jumbo eyelets. I have the original pink one.

12. Brads: any kind of brad. I love them. Ok, even though I love brads, I really put this one here to have an even number.

I'm off to get my hair trimmed. It's raining today and my hair is naturally curly so I should have an "interesting" hair day. I usually wear it straight, but it rarely stays that way when it's humid. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great hair day!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!