Monday, February 2, 2009

Bold Birthday

Thank goodness it's Monday! This past weekend was so boring. My oldest daughter stayed with my mother, my youngest daughter didn't want to go anywhere, I had no money to go shopping and I tried reading but couldn't focus. Ugh. Today has got to be better.

When I was taking my dog out yesterday I noticed my daughter's rain boots and thought I would use them as inspiration. The colors are what I'm into right now and I was able to use some scrap pieces I had to pull this card together. In person, the black nestabilitie behind the cake image is more distinct.
The cake image is from SU Eat Cake. I stamped the image on the back of the dsp and cut it out for the paper pieced cake and used PTI's Polka Dot Basics for the big black dots. I wanted to incorporate another color and the Spring Moss ribbon from Papertrey Ink fit the bill nicely. The scallop edge punch is Martha Stewart and may be my favorite.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope I've encouraged you to look around your house for inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! I must find some polka dot paper!! The pink and green are beautiful with the black and white. Thanks for the inspiration . . . What time did they call off schools in your county? It was 12:30 p.m. before Knox County dismissed and we'd been home for 2 hours by then!! Enjoy your snow day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!