Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Recipe: That Dip

Football is a big deal in Tennessee. Especially in the fall when the Vols get down to business. When my husband gets together with the guys to watch football, he is often asked to bring "that dip". I make it for him and pop it in the fridge and it gets baked at the home of the host.

That dip originally came from a co-worker and was called Charleston Cheese. My co-worker re-named it Tennessee Tailgate and my husband and his friends re-named it That Dip. I do not know the cookbook it originally came from but I think it was a Junior League book. The recipe ingredients sound blah, but trust me, it's delicious!


That Dip

1/2 cup Mayonnaise

1 - 8 oz pkg. Cream Cheese, softened at room temp.

1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)

8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I use 1/2 of a package of Oscar Mayer pre-cooked bacon--microwaved)

Combine mayo, cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a bowl until thoroughly mixed. Put mixture into a lightly greased quiche or pie dish and bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and top with crumbled bacon. Serve with Ritz crackers.

My husband likes to take a short cut and bakes it with the bacon on top. That way he doesn't have to deal with a baggie of bacon. Typical male, right? Oh, I always have to double the recipe for the guys. I put it in a 13x9 casserole dish and use the entire package of pre-cooked bacon. Easy Peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!