Monday, March 2, 2009

A little coffee in the kitchen


This is my card using Card Patterns Sketch #4. I'll admit I had to think about this sketch for a bit before attempting it. I have some oval issues. I love ovals, but don't always use them so well. I cut my ovals using my Wishblade and luckily I already had this Aqua Mist/Basic Grey Oval combo cut or I would be out of luck. (My Wishblade needs a new blade and I can't cut anything with it right now.) I drew out a rough draft of the design while waiting on my daughter to get out of school this afternoon so putting it together didn't take long, it was just a matter of color scheme. I went with mainly PTI colors (Ocean Tides, white, aqua mist) and threw in some SU pumpkin pie to go with the coffee cup. Coffee cup is from one of my favorite sets called Warm Happiness from... PTI of course! The top portion of the card was stamped using PTI's Polka Dot Basics and the bottom portion is from PTI's Guidelines set. Hmm, do I love PTI or what? You can't tell in the picture, but the button is sewn on the ribbon.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the colors you used. I don't have those PTI sets- yet! LOL

    Thanks for playing along again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, i like those lines 2gether with the polkies! thanks 4 playing along ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your stamping, those stamps are very cool. Lovely colour combo and great take on the sketch. HmmmI can almost smell that coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card - love the colors you chose and the stamps you used. Nice job with the sketch and thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE anything to do with coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well.....I have done it..... I placed an order with PTI.... 2 timeless templates ("purse"ality clutch and desktop organizer), some score tape and 2 large tins for nuggets. I am sure this is the first of many!! Should I of mentioned that I know you to get a frequent shopper discount? I think I wish I had gotten the Apple set...... just say no....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique combination with the polka-dots and flower outlines. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!