Monday, April 6, 2009

Distressed Friend


This is my card for SCS's Clean and Simple challenge #9. The challenge this week was distressing. See the challenge details here. Sorry for the poor lighting in the photo. I still haven't replaced a blown light bulb in my craft room but plan to stop being lazy and forgetful and do it this week. It's cloudy today too, so a shot near a window is useless.
I've had the idea for this card for a while now. I made myself an idea book a couple of months ago to store my ideas (duh) and this sketch is on page 1. I gave it a try a couple months ago and didn't like the results so I set it aside for another day. When I saw the CAS challenge today I decided to give it another try. I like the staples on the ribbon as I think it adds more distress to the card. I roughed up the edges with scissors and inked with Distress Ink in antique linen.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

The stuff: Stamps: PTI Friends til the End Ink: PTI True black, SU Tempt Turq Cardstock: PTI White & Lemon Tart, SU Kraft Accessories: SU pumpkin pie & tempt turq ribbon, mini stapler, stampin dimensionals, MS embossed scallop edge punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!